Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Outdoor Adventures



I got a stake calling to go to Girl's Camp this year and help with one of the programs. It was a lot of fun. We went on a five mile hike to Heather Lake w/ Mt. Pilchuk in the background. Our camp was Cascade Park near Granite Falls, WA. It was beautiful! I love being in nature! Shawn hung in there and watched the kids for 4 days! What a trooper!









In other news, Shawn took Auri fishing with Uncle Ryan and she caught a...catfish! She thought it was pretty scary looking and didn't really want to hold it. But she posed for a few pictures.







2 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Jasmine
I would love to do lunch! Cannot wait to hear all about England. My dad & brother served missions in London - they loved it!
What a brave & good husband! So nice when you can rely on your spouse to just take care of the kids!
Still cannot believe how beautiful that lake was - I think it was amazing because we almost turned around! It was so fun chatting the WHOLE way down the mtn. Not one girl complained - another life lesson learned (yes, I was complaining about those huge steps - yes, your legs are longer - I was stiff & sore for DAYS!!) Lisa

Rebecca Pierce said...

That's my neck of the woods! The church property in GF is thirty minutes from where I grew up in Bothell. Anyway, we had many a ward campout, youth conf., girls camp there. Looks like you had a nice time!