Monday, October 22, 2007

Vacation: Arizona

We left Las Vegas early on Wednesday morning and started the 6 hour drive to Mesa (actually, Shawn missed the exit while I was snoozing and added an extra hour, but that's all water under the bridge). We arrived just in time to go through the temple with Erin. The next day we got family pictures (I mean the whole Turner family) which I'll publish later. While in Mesa we stayed with Shawn's cousin, Kristin, her husband, Mike, and their 4 kids. They live in Gilbert which is right next to Mesa. The kids got along really well and we loved staying in their beautiful home:We also got to visit the first cousins and play at Shelly & Jason's house:
Erin & Clinton's reception was on Friday night and my boys looked so cute in the little bowties Grandma Kathy made for them.

It was so fun to have all the Turner siblings (and posterity) together--it doesn't happen very often!

As a side note, I was able to go to the Mesa Cemetary and see the graves of my great great grandparents on my mom's side. My mom was born and raised in Mesa and we also went to take a picture of the home she lived in as a child. She and my grandparents got a kick out of the pictures I brought home of their old neighborhood:

(West Sixth Drive)

No comments: