Friday, August 10, 2007

My Best Friend Since I was Born

Two weeks ago my best friend, Amy Griffitts Reynolds, came to visit. We always joke that we have been best friends since I was born because her mom went to my mom's baby shower. She now lives in Orlando, FL, but has spent the better part of the summer visiting family in Northern Idaho. She has one son, Tytan, who will be 2 in November. Amy is amazing! Her husband is currently deployed to Iraq for 18 months. She talks to him about once a week! Here she is on the phone to him--she never knows when he's going to call--


I don't know how she does it--she is so strong! It's funny--we laugh about how neither of our lives have turned out the way we thought they would, but we wouldn't trade them for anything. She is one of those friends who I won't see or talk to for a year, but when we see each other it's like only a few days have passed. I am so blessed to have her and all the wonderful friends I've had in my life. It's sad because there are so many I don't see much of--once a year or once every two years--but we will always have a bond. I'm so excited about the blogs, too, so I can keep up with them even better. Here's a picture of all the kids and us:

2 comments:

Brian said...

It has been along time hearing about amy!! I am glad she is doing well. I hope her husband is good and comes home safe and sound!!
This is LYndsey by the way, it is just under brians password

Nick, Chris, Livvy, Calli and Keira said...

It is good to see Amy. I don't know how she does it either. Myca Earl's husband was deployed for about the same amt of time and he just got back in February. Everytime I saw her I just thought of how strong she was. I know Amy has to be the same way. Say hi to her for me.